Click here to Apply Now
Looking for a rewarding career opportunity? Safeway Driving School is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team! As a Behind the Wheel Driving Instructor with us, you will have the opportunity to use your driving skills and expertise to help teens develop the knowledge they need to hit the road with safety and confidence. Help shape the next generation of safe and responsible drivers!
- Conduct behind-the-wheel training sessions for teen drivers, providing instruction on proper driving techniques and safety practices.
- Evaluate student driving skills and provide feedback and guidance on areas for improvement, while being patient and understanding of each student’s unique needs.
- Create a safe and inclusive environment for students from diverse backgrounds.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress, driving time, and other work-related tasks.
- Communicate regularly with students, parents or guardians, and administrative staff.
- Health Insurance, HSA, FSA, and Employee Assistance Programs for your well-being.
- Paid time off, holiday pay, and paid Safeway apparel for your comfort.
- Assigned work vehicle for full-time employees that you keep at your home, paid gas card, and paid vehicle maintenance for your convenience.
- Corporate AAA membership for personal and professional use to ensure your safety.
Location and Hours:
- Seeking driving instructors to work across the metro area.
- Part-time and full-time positions available.
- During the school year (Sept – May), instructors work flexible hours Monday through Friday from 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM and Saturdays from 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM. We are closed on Sundays.
- During the summer months (June – Aug), instructors have even more flexibility and can work Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM. We are closed on Sundays.
- Enjoy flexibility in setting your own work schedule! As an instructor, you get to plan your availability for the next 1-3 months based on your personal needs and preferences.
- Once you turn in your schedule, our scheduling staff fills it in with behind-the-wheel lessons according to your preferences. This means that you could be completely booked several months in advance.
- Please note that once you turn in your availability, it’s locked in for those times 1-3 months out to ensure we can offer a reliable service to our students.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have held a valid U.S. driver’s license for at least 3 years.
- Must have a clean driving record with no major violations.
- Must provide proof of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to complete and pass a BCA and FBI background check.
- Must be patient and understanding of each student’s unique needs, while also being able to maintain a positive and safe learning environment.
- Previous experience as a driving instructor is preferred but not required. We welcome candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a passion for teaching and working with teens.
- For this role you will need to pass state licensing exams and obtain a Minnesota Driving Instructor License.
- We’ll help you prepare for the exams and cover all licensing fees.
- Our team is committed to ensuring all instructors are fully trained, licensed, and ready to provide quality instruction.
Safeway Driving School is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about our school, visit our website at www.safewaydrivingschool.com.